Mounting Frustration in Social Political Ecological Climate
Mounting Frustration in Social Political Ecological Climate
As the west coast burns annually , the mid west drowns and withers, and I personally faced evacuation notice last year, I won't even unpack my tools from my escape vehicle. For a decade now the majority of the masses I come in contact with seem to be in a dream like state of denial, even as some, an extreme minority, admit they are worried, or even scared, won't lift a finger to make the change happen in their personal lives.
Bogged down by some delusion that "one person can't make a difference", or the belief that by voting their involvement and contribution is satisfied. Even those with plenty of resources to afford a complete shift from the dirty grid power here in USA, including members of my own family and our family business, they do nothing to force the change that needs to happen. I'm ashamed of you all.
What better way to send a message to "the powers that be", than to produce your own power, grow your own food, and invest in electric vehicles if you can afford to? In this heartless capitalist society, when the bottom line power companies observe begins to shrink , due to American's exercising the power of their purses with clean , off grid systems, and self sustaining homes and gardens, change will come, and quickly.
Change never comes from those at the top. Its always the little guys that forces the issues. So, all you American's with nice new cars and trucks, new weapons, boats, off road entertainment vehicles , I ask you. Does your house need to burn down? Do millions need to die of starvation in drought ridden countries and ever expanding desertification? Does your home need to be ripped from its foundation by a super storm or flood? Does commerce need to completely collapse nationally or even globally before you will realize you can make a difference? Can you acknowledge your dream of utopia in an ever expanding destructive society is just that? A dream. Its not real, it can all end. It can end violently. And when enough people lose everything, those guns we so closely guard might just turn on each other. Hungry or desperate people are not something we American's will deal with well.
As this Climate Changes (social and political climate), I want my kids to know, I did what I could. I did my part. Shame on those of you with the resources, but not the dignity or empathy to do what needs to be done. Your offspring will not make excuses for you. They will know, you just didn't care about them enough to do anything.
A warriors contribution. Below is my off grid solar tutorial YouTube. Its especially useful to people of lower incomes, such as myself. This is part of my attempt to make change happen, for my children's children. They will say: "at least my grandpa did something"!
low income off grid solar tutorials

Comments
Post a Comment